Thursday, November 04, 2010

How The Blog Is Evolving

Natasha and I were recently discussing the blog, as we do from time to time. Mainly we talk about what needs to be posted, and more often about how little we post these days.

What we have learned is that a blog really reflects ones situation at any given time. If you look back five years to when I started the blog on my own, I was posting photos, journalistic style reports, book reviews, and other commentary. After Natasha and I got married, the blog took on a new angle, and certainly improved in content thanks to her editing skills. Look back over the last year and you'll find it's nearly all about the family and children.

For a while, I was thinking that the blog had taken a turn for the worse, and some people suggested it wasn't as interesting as it used to be. But now that I've considered it a while, I realize that what you see here is a great view into our every day lives.

What's going to be really interesting is how the blog evolves over the next five to ten years. I wasn't in on the very early days of blogs, but I'm pretty close to that first group of people who started up blogs and whose lives have changed considerably since then. Most especially I am interested in seeing how Charlotte and William will fit into it down the road.

Most likely, you will see their own personalities, abilities, and interests start to have an impact on what is posted here. Maybe they'll be into sports, music, chess, or maybe they'll find some hobby we haven't even considered. We'll be directly involved in these activities, and that type of information flows easily to the pages of this blog.

Whatever happens, we'll continue posting the highlights of our lives here, even if only once in a while. If nothing else, it will provide a look back on our family in a way that has never been available before. We hope you continue to visit and keep up with our ongoing adventures.

Labels: , , , ,


4 Smart Remarks:

Anonymous Dad H. said...

I like what you post, but then the reason is obvious! :)

12:23 AM  
Blogger Bro Trevor said...

I think it's fine. I don't think you've dropped in quality.

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Stephanie said...

I've always enjoyed your blog! It's a nice way to keep up with you and your family!

Better than me,I don't even have a blog!

5:16 PM  
Anonymous e. said...

LOVE your Blog....keep up the good work !!!!!

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home