Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Olympic Torch Relay

The Olympic torch relay came right by the building I work at today, and I went out to catch the event. «street view» The streets were lined with people, but I still managed to get right up close and was about five meters from the torch as it passed by. I am quite pleased to have been able to participate in the Olympics even in this small yet once-in-a-lifetime way.


The Olympic Torch

The history of the torch relay is interesting and is worth a bit of reading on the Wikipedia page.

Labels:


6 Smart Remarks:

Blogger mrs. trooper said...

I'm glad you got to see it! Sounds so neat!

3:38 PM  
Anonymous Mom Hoyer said...

That's great that you got so close to the Olympic Torch! Good photo too!

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Stephanie said...

Too neat!!

Great photo!

5:16 AM  
Blogger L ~ S said...

I now have another thing that I have "missed"...I think it is so cool that people got to go see the torch!

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Mr. H. said...

Did you use an SLR or your iPhone?

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Trooper said...

Unfortunately, I forgot my DSLR at home and had to settle for pictures with my iPhone. For a photo that I'll post here and probably not use again, I'm pretty happy.

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home