Friday, September 18, 2009

Starby Car!

I am happy to present Starby Car, my latest gaming project. It's a simple yet challenging game in which you must dodge oncoming vehicles and collect ice teas, with big bonuses for catching them in quick succession.


Starby Car!

To download this game, visit the game page on my website. It is a Windows program, but hopefully you Mac users (myself being one) can run it on an emulator as well.

A few special testers have really enjoyed the game so far, so download it now and give it a try!

Play and win!

Here's your chance to win big and have fun at the same time. I'm giving away a $5 Starbucks gift card to someone who qualifies by doing any of the following. Each will give you one entry into the draw.

1) Add a comment on this post (hopefully with a mention of your high score).

2) Post this exact line on Twitter:

@trooperscoop Play Starby Car and win! http://bit.ly/1qIbw3

3) Write a post on your own blog about Starby Car and link here. (You'll need to pair this with adding a comment to this post with your blog address so I know where to look.)

On Friday, September 25th, we'll draw a name and announce the winner. You'll be contacted to get your address so we can mail you your prize. Please indicate who you are, maybe some kind of email or website address so we can actually contact you.

Enjoy!

Labels:


14 Smart Remarks:

Blogger MariaJoy said...

Haven't played it yet, but I did post it on my blog.
http://nehemiahsmommy.blogspot.com/

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Rose said...

Neat game! It's kinda addictive. My top score so far is 2255! Sorry I'm don't have my own blog or user name for twitter. Good luck with your contestants. Rose

9:24 PM  
Anonymous shelley said...

Only tried it twice so far...score 1055. Great job Andrew.

9:53 PM  
Anonymous shelley said...

Okay tried again. 2355. Figured out I have more lives. LOL

9:56 PM  
Blogger Bro Trevor said...

I was having my best game yet. And someone was calling me. THERE IS NO PAUSE BUTTON!!!!!

My highest prior to that game was 2235.

It's fun. Reminds me of the squares game you posted about.

6:56 AM  
Blogger Bro Trevor said...

Ok, I'm at 3550.

Starbucks card to me!!

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Trooper said...

Hey Trevor,

You are correct, a pause button is definitely in order. I noticed this myself but as the game is relatively quick, it was forgotten about. Maybe in version 2...

You have the highest reported results yet. I've scored over 5000, maybe higher, but have a bit of an advantage as I've been playing it throughout development.

A blog post will get you another entry, you know.

1:29 PM  
Anonymous e. said...

I tried your game but....will NOT put my score :( Great Job Andrew !!

4:11 PM  
Anonymous e. said...

I wish I could play using my "mouse"

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Stephanie said...

I loved the game...I'm going to let the girls try it.

My first time playing I scored:

3125pts.
Level 5

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Nick Amado said...

After playing the game I now realize why you called it starby car! Great game highly addictive. Keep up the great work!

5:12 PM  
OpenID GrfCtg1972 said...

Ok. not much of a video game kinda guy but I gave it a try, not bad... I didnt get far just to the second level. Way to fast for me heehee. Good job though, I'm impressed.

Colin

5:47 PM  
Blogger Bro Trevor said...

Ok, so I blogged about it too!!

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Mom Hoyer said...

Great game Andrew! I can see you coming up with a lot more games :-) Looking forward too seeing what they will be!

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home