Thursday, February 05, 2009

The Chevy Farm

I spent the first 19 years of my life in Edmonton, and have good memories of the places and people I knew, things I saw, and things I heard. There's a jingle I heard time and again on the radio, "The Legend of the Chevy Farm" for Westgate Chevrolet and every now and again it comes to mind.


More recently, I've been working for a company that has ties to the automotive industry, and Westgate Chevrolet came up in a list of dealers. I thought it would be worth doing a search to see if I could find the song online, and as it turns out, it's right on their own website.

So for those of you who are from Edmonton, or those who used to and will remember it, click here. For those who know nothing about it, check it out anyway to see how an excellent jingle can be remembered for years, and decades.

Labels: ,


3 Smart Remarks:

Anonymous Mr. H. said...

I just listened to it..."The Legend of the Chevy Farm..." it is a great sounding jingle!!

hmmm...but if it was so legendary, then why was I only there once?

Nice blog!

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Susanna said...

Yeah, it's funny how I can remember just how that tune went on the radio!

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny that I keep remembering "Call 4737373 Pizza 73... The Pizza's on..." ah good old Edmonton!

Dan Deyette

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home