Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Farewell, President Bush

After eight years of being in office, the day has come for someone new to take over the Presidency of the United States. It is no secret to my readers, and those who know me, that I have been a solid supporter of President Bush since day one. Unlike the many wafflers who's opinions change from day to day based on the latest mainstream media hype or propaganda "documentary" video, my world view and set of values remains constant.

What I admire about President Bush is that he did what he thought was right, and stuck with it even when most of his own country turned against him. Were there mistakes? No doubt. Bad decisions? Of course. Ridiculous statements? Certainly. But eight years of making decisions in a very complicated and dangerous situation is not an easy job, and I think a lot more understanding is in order, not criticism. The question is whether or not the world is a safer and better place. I don't have an answer for that, and based on the threats from all corners of the Earth, I don't think one man or even one country can deal with the problems, but what has been done was done with the best intentions, and has hopefully done some good. It's been an interesting few years, and I hope the future will be as well.

So with that I say, Farewell, President Bush!

References

CNN: Bush Legacy Timeline

Labels: ,


2 Smart Remarks:

Blogger mrs. trooper said...

Well said!

9:21 AM  
Anonymous leah said...

Wow, a non-American who actually supported Bush! Way to go! : )

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home