Wednesday, November 05, 2008

US Elects The Obamessiah!

Answering to the call of "Change", the American people have elected Barack Obama as the next President of the United States. We congratulate President-Elect Obama and his supporters on a successful campaign, and wish them the best of luck in the coming four years. He'll need it.

Obama has been elevated to some kind of god status which I think will prove to be disastrous. Right now people think he can do no wrong, but when hard times come, and mistakes are made, that will change fast. The higher someone is elevated, the faster and further they can fall. When world peace doesn't show up in the next four years, and the ocean levels don't stop rising, the gold plating will start to chip off the idol, and disillusionment will start to set in.

The American people have spoken, and it's time to move on. The host of issues and concerns about Obama that have been shouted from the rooftops have had little or no effect, and I do not have the time or interest in rehashing any of them. I can only end with one of the best comments I have read regarding the election, posted by a fellow blogger:

"Come January 20th, I’ll be praying for whoever is in the Oval Office that I may live out my days peaceably." - TBH

Change is upon us. Let us hope it is for the better.

Labels: ,


1 Smart Remarks:

Anonymous mr. h. said...

Obama has a lot to learn, and I hope he 'learns' before he 'does'.

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home