Monday, November 17, 2008

Car Go Boom

There's nothing like car trouble to throw your day off. On Wednesday, after having my Focus parked for a four day weekend, I started it up, and found it to be really choppy. I made it a block, after which it stalled, and one more block once I got it going again, but that was it. I coasted on to a side street (making a turn without the car on makes one truly appreciate power steering), and that is where it stayed. Natasha drove our other car down and we tried boosting it. That failed to work, and after researching later, discovered that really wasn't the problem as the electronics were working.

That evening, having no other choice, I called a towing company and had it taken to the nearest dealership.


My Focus being towed. iPhone photo.

As it turns out, there were a number of problems including the fuel pump and battery, which I had fixed along with a good maintenance package and a car wash. It's back on the road now, running smoothly and looking great. It's been a good car for over 200,000km; I wonder if I can make it to 400,000km.

Labels: , ,


2 Smart Remarks:

Anonymous Stephanie said...

Car trouble is such a pain!!!

Glad you were able to get the problem resolved.

Your focus has lasted a lot longer than mine did!

7:05 PM  
Anonymous e. said...

Glad to hear that you are :
"ON THE ROAD AGAIN" !!!

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home