Friday, November 28, 2008

Albert Maurice Griffiths - Dec. 4, 1943 - Nov. 28, 2006


Today, November 28, 2008, is two years to the day that my father, Albert Maurice Griffiths, passed from this life into the Heavenly Kingdom.

This year my first child was born, a beautiful little angel named Charlotte. I miss Dad every time I look at her. I know he would have loved her and cherished his newest little granddaughter and my heart hurts to think she will never meet him on this side.

So many times, in so many situations, I think of Dad and what he would have said or done had he been in my shoes.

Today, and every day, I remember with love and fondness my Dad and how much he shaped my life and the person I have become today.

I miss you Dad.

Love,
Natasha

God saw you getting tired
And a cure was not to be
So he put his arms around you
And whispered, "come to me"

A golden heart stopped beating,
Hard working hands at rest
He broke our hearts
To prove to us
He only takes the best

Labels: ,


5 Smart Remarks:

Anonymous Stephanie said...

What a beautiful Blog, Natasha.

We grew to love your Dad from the short time that we knew him.

We are so happy that we had the privilege to visit NB and meet him, and see what a wonderful person he was.

Our thoughts are with you during this time of remembering.

7:07 PM  
Anonymous e. said...

We had the privilege of having your dad in our home months before he died....Wonderful man!

I know how you feel Natasha. My dad passed away 29 years ago this November and I still miss him :(

We will all be together soon.

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Auntie Edna said...

What a wonderful tribute to your Dad. Wish we would have known him. He raised a lovely daughter so I know he was a great man.

It's hard to think this was already two years ago. Our prayers and thoughts are with you at this time of remeberance.

10:47 PM  
Anonymous shelley said...

Ah, Natasha...I've thought about Charlotte never getting to meet her Grandpa too. But she can through you..pictures, video and stories you can tell her. I'm sure he's watching from the banisters of heaven. :-)

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Mom.Dad Hoyer said...

We were privileged to spend some time with your Dad. First at your wedding in New Brunswick and then we got to spend a weekend with them, including you & Andrew...the 6 of us in Chilliwack and a short trip in Washington. We had a great time and will always have great memories.
We also enjoyed his sermon at Cloverdale Bibleway at that time.
It was a blessing to many.

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home