Sunday, August 03, 2008

When Science Amazes

I consider myself to be fairly intelligent, and at times quite clever, but I've found that something I heard a long time ago is really true; the more you learn, the more you find out you don't know. There are things going on out there which are so advanced and complex that they make our day to day technology pretty insignificant.

For instance, the Large Hadron Collider, built on the border of Switzerland and France. It is to be used for particle beam experiments of immense proportions, and the equipment necessary is equally as large. The photos are amazing themselves, regardless of the purpose of the subject.




See that large circle? That's the size of the accelerator!

I highly recommend taking a look at all the photos here, and the Wikipedia article if you want any further information.

Labels:


1 Smart Remarks:

Anonymous Susanna said...

Wow, I wouldn't have thought that the accelerator would have to be that big! The pics are pretty cool too. It'd be neat to study that and find out what kind of science experiments they're doing there.

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home