Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Scrabulous Removed From Facebook

Much to the dismay of many Facebook users, the Scrabulous application has been blocked to US and Canadian users after a law suit by Hasbro, who has the trademark for Scrabble.

I didn't find out about this until today, but I did notice that when I tried to play my games last night, I was unable to access the page. I wonder how many Facebook groups are popping up right now, petitioning for the return of their only reason for even logging into Facebook.

Nobody needs to get the shakes though, as the Scrabulous game is still available on the web at scrabulous.com.

Thoughts and comments are welcome.

Labels: ,


5 Smart Remarks:

Anonymous mrs. trooper said...

Scrabulous is the only reason I use Facebook!!!

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Susanna said...

I love scrab. :( It's 1/2 the reason I log onto Facebook. The other half is checking out people's pics.

I wonder why Hasbro is still allowing scrabulous to have their own website. I would think that'd be a copyright thing too.

9:10 PM  
Anonymous e. said...

I MISS Scrabulous :(

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Mr. H said...

I just heard that Facebook will introduce their own version of the online game very soon.

The two obvious differences will be in the new name "Wordscraper", and that the tiles will be round instead of square!

Don't give up on Facebook yet..stay tuned!

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hear ! Hear ! Thank You for the info Mr. H. You made my day.

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home