Sunday, June 08, 2008

Langley Chess Open 2008


My simple wooden chess set I've had since I was a kid

The Langley Chess Open tournament is happening in just under three months time, and anyone interested in playing should start thinking ahead, planning, and preparing. This is the tournament I played in last year, and I hope to go back and improve on my score, which won't be too hard to do.

At best, I am a strong beginner, and tournament play turned out to be quite the challenge. A few obvious blunders really ruined it for me, but that's how it goes, and when it comes down to it, the difference between an average player and a good player is the number of blunders.

Anyway, we'll see how things are going at that time. I don't plan to pre-register this year because we'll be on vacation around then and it's just more difficult to plan non-essential events with a baby! I'll just show up if I can make it. I hope so though... I still need my first tournament win!

Labels: ,


3 Smart Remarks:

Anonymous Stephanie said...

Wish you luck at the Tournament!! It always sounds like fun!

10:28 PM  
Anonymous e. said...

GO Andrew GO !!!!

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Susanna said...

Good luck at the tournament! I think you'll do great!

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home