Monday, April 21, 2008

Quick Tax: The Downgrade

I picked up my usual copy of Quick Tax, planning to get my 2007 return in order before the end of the month. Quick Tax has turned my hate of doing taxes into a few hours of interesting data entry. I still wish I didn't have to do it, but at least it's not as painful as it used to be. Maybe I just finally figured out that it's not so complicated after all.

One thing has changed this year, however. Each copy of Quick Tax now only allows two returns for people making over $25,000. In the past, it has always been five. So for those of you who have been sharing a copy with family, or perhaps helping out a friend, those days are over.

Will I be going back to the paper method next year? Doubt it. The $45 is worth it, even if it's just for two. Just another way to gouge money, but the convenience is probably worth it anyway. It just hurts more when something is taken away, rather than always being that way.

Labels:


3 Smart Remarks:

Anonymous e. said...

It BUGGED me too that you can ONLY do two returns with Quicktax. We got ripped off. With other programs you can do more tax returns. I guess that is what happens when you do not read the back of the box :(

7:35 PM  
Anonymous shelley said...

I'm confused. I thought you did it the old fashion way in a later post?

7:22 PM  
Anonymous Trooper said...

Yes, my post was slightly unclear. At the time, I was considering net filing, but what I really meant was, will I actually use the "by hand" method instead of using a program.

Either way, it's still paper.

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home