Thursday, February 07, 2008

Year Of The Ratatouille

Today is the Chinese New Year, and it is the year of the rat. Even though the rat is usually an undesirable animal, I'm sure it was selected for its positive traits. Intelligent, resourceful, and a team player! According to the Chinese calendar, I was born in the year of the sheep, and Natasha was born in the year of the rooster. What does it all mean? I have no idea. It just gives me something to look at on the calendar at Chinese restaurants.

Ratatouille! This isn't Chinese of course, but French. I'd never heard of this word until the movie came out. It's a pretty good one, and now I wonder just how tasty the dish is! I looked up the recipe and it's pretty basic, just a stir-fry of commons vegetables (tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant) and lots of onions and garlic. I think we should try it sometime... could become a favorite quick meal, especially in the summer when veggies are fresh and readily available.

Do you know what year in the Chinese calendar you were born in?

Labels: , , ,


4 Smart Remarks:

Anonymous heather said...

Yes Year of the monkey.

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Stephanie said...

Rooster

5:11 AM  
Anonymous Mr. H said...

Year of the Cock.

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Mom H. said...

Year of the Sheep.

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home