Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Bad News For Blog

In a strange coincidence, on the day of the blog's 3rd anniversary, I set up my computer for the first time after my move, and after about 30 minutes of use, the hard drive crashed. It's making a really loud clunking sound, and the BIOS cannot detect the primary master drive. In common terms, good bye hard drive.

Along with the hard drive goes our recent photos (not too recent though, as we've put some on the laptop), lots of other files we've collected, as well as all of my server configuration, scripts, and blog photos. I will be able to recover some of them of course, from backups, but it will be like starting from scratch in many ways.

Just one more thing that needs to be done, and I'm afraid that it will be a while before I get to it now.

Life goes on. I have learned my lesson, even though it could be worse. Be sure to make back-ups of all your files on a regular basis, at least once a month!

Labels: ,


3 Smart Remarks:

Anonymous Stephanie said...

Sorry to hear the bad news...stuff like that can be so irritating.

12:50 PM  
Anonymous e. said...

BAD NEWS !!!

We love reading your Blog :)

6:25 PM  
Anonymous shelley said...

oh that's terrible. what a pain

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home