Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Baby Name Straw Poll

I have lots on my mind these days and plenty to write about, but with being busy at work, preparing for the move into our new home, and the usual day to day activities, adventures, setbacks, social life, entertainment, traffic, and more, I just haven't had the time. I'll get to it, I just don't know when.

So in the meantime, we're having another straw poll (What is a straw poll?) to see what people think of a few baby names we've considered.

To vote in the poll and view the results, Click Here

Labels: ,


18 Smart Remarks:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you get those boy names from? Some of them are very interesting. Instead of Wolfgang you should consider Bruno or Reinhold!

Crispin sounds like a cereal....mmmmm Crispix!

6:23 PM  
Anonymous e. said...

I did not write the previous comment....although I tend to agree.

I like Zoe for a girl...I am surprized how few people picked it.

Jackson is a very masculine name...I like it alot !

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anna said...

What is your favorite boy and girl name? I personally like Brianna or Zoe for a girl....as to a boy Cole is the only name I like. Isabella or Christianna sound like they are from Pilgrims Progress.....

6:38 PM  
Anonymous sandi h. said...

Cole for a boy.

Zoe for a girl.

There sure are different names out there.

You didn't find any Bible names you like?

It's nice to be unique. Good luck in finding the right one with a good meaning.

6:44 PM  
Anonymous Stephanie said...

Isn't it fun to find a name for your baby?! I always loved it!

You're getting lots of response from relatives! ;) It's always nice to have a second opinion. Are we guessing who wrote the anonymous comment? hehe.

I LOVE Annaleise...It was one of my picks if I had another girl.

I like Cole too!

9:39 PM  
Anonymous mrs. trooper said...

This is for Sandi - We had looked at Bible names but in a church with 900 people EVERYONE has used all the good ones... many times over... and I think the Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Andrew, etc names have been well used... so, we have to find something different, unique, and still relatively easy to spell, with a good meaning :).

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Heather said...

Cole and Annaleise easily got my votes. I agree with previous poster that Crispin sounds like Crispix.

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You asked for comments so here it goes. Crispin? That one must of been thrown in for fun. I agree with the first comment. Sounds like a cereal.

The name Jackson reminds me too much of someone with the first name Michael so that one is a scratch for me.

Good Luck and have fun looking through the Baby Name book :-)

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Polls are fun!
Brianna & Annaleise are nice girls names. Cole is nice for a boy with the best meaning :)

10:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must be joking about Wolfgang and Crispin - there are so many other wonderful names to choose from - how about Benjamin David, or Timothy Joseph???

7:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you guys serious with those names?! First thing Crispin reminded me of was cereal too! Remember your little precious will have to live with this name forever. :-)

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I don't think we all have to worry too much about Baby Hoyer. Andrew & Natasha want the baby and the name to be a total surprise so I'm thinking they will not be picking any of these names :-)
What do ya'll think?

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Stephanie said...

I'm not sure Omsie! lol

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Out of all the "900" names in your church, in case you didn't know, there are 3 you put on your poll which are included in that number: Bryanna Naber, Christianna Leigh, and Annaleise Russell....keep hunting....I'm with the other anonymous'--I think you both have some names up your sleeves to surprise us all with :)

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Trooper said...

I will not restrict my name choices based on what other people have chosen. If it happens that our baby has the same name as someone else in the church, old or young, they'll have to live with it.

There are about 5 Andrew's in church. I'm not complaining!

I love how this post is full of anonymous postings. Nobody wants to express their true feelings to us without being anonymous.

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Mr. H said...

Well, well...an interesting discussion I would say! This subject sure has people going! :)

I guess I can now wade into this as well, but I only have three things to say about it.

1 - Andrew and Natasha are very caring, intelligent and Christian people who I believe will choose the right names for their children.

2 - No one else can/should pick the names they choose for their own kids.

3 - For other folks who reads this, here is some sound name-picking advice from the late Rev. William Branham.

THE.VOICE.OF.GOD.IN.THIS.LAST.DAYS_ PHOENIX.AZ V-9 N-7
SUNDAY_ 63-0120M
50 Now, we find out that they set the pace. And did you ever notice, our young boys has become "Ricky" and "Elvis." You got a child named that, change it right quick, call him number "one" or "two," or something. Don't, that's a horrible... You say, "What difference does the name mean?" Why, sure, it means something. Your name characterizes your life. "Now, Brother Branham, you're on numerology." No, I'm not! I'm on THUS SAITH THE LORD! Why was it when Jacob, he lived to his name, as--as deceiver, supplanter, Jacob. And when God changed him, He changed his name. God changed Saul to Paul, Simon to Peter. Certainly, it has something. And Ricky and Elvis, and such names as that, is the modern American name which throws a child automatically right into that. See what I mean?"

11:05 AM  
Anonymous mrs. trooper said...

Thanks for the good advice Dad!!!

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a little something to add - Andrew and Natasha are the ones who started this debate by using the Baby Name Straw Poll. I don't think anyone is trying to be critical, just trying to give their opinion. It certainly is Andrew and Natasha's right to name their own children - I felt the same way when I had mine.

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home