Monday, December 03, 2007

Leise Rieselt Der Schnee

Even here in tropical BC, we get the occassional snow storm. We had snow this weekend, most of which fell yesterday, and for a short while, everything was blanketed in the cold, fluffy precipitation.


Snowfall in the lower mainland, BC. Dec 2, 2007

The above is a photo taken by my Dad where he lives, but it looked the same pretty well everywhere around here.

Sometime during the night, the rain began, everything has turned to slush, and giant puddles cover the ground in many places. In most parts of the country, this snow/melt cycle takes about six to eight months. Around here, it's about 3 days.

Labels:


6 Smart Remarks:

Anonymous Susanna said...

woo-hoo! Can't wait to get there for Christmas!

2:00 PM  
Anonymous mrs. trooper said...

The snow is all gone - one day later :-(

7:14 PM  
Anonymous e. said...

Edmonton still has LOTS of SNOW and MORE in the Forecast for tomorrow!!!

If you want a White Christmas....Edmonton is the place to come to :)

8:43 PM  
Blogger Bro Trevor said...

So... could you translate the title for those of us that aren't in the "know" here?

I spose I could google it...

"Mrs Trooper" That's great stuff... My wife sometimes goes by SisTrev... *grin*

later!

5:58 AM  
Anonymous Stephanie said...

I love the snow....I miss it so much! I wish we'd get more snow down here in the South!!!!

6:07 AM  
Anonymous Mom H. said...

"Leise Rieselt Der Schnee" is an
old German Christmas Song.

It means: "Quietly Trickles the Snow"
I love that song!

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home