Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Early August Updates

I've had many things to post over the last five days, but haven't gotten around to doing it. Some people have asked me how much time I spend a week on blogging. It's really not that much, although some time has been invested in getting it to look the way I want it. But other than that, it might take 15 minutes to write something up. Do that a few times a week, and I might spend an hour or so a week.

And yet sometimes it's hard to find the time to do just that.

I will still get around to more detailed posts on various things, but I'll do an overview to get everyone up to speed.

Sunday was my Mom's birthday, and we went out for supper to The Keg. I had the prime rib and was it ever tasty. Natasha and my Dad had steak and lobster type combinations, and Mom had a salmon dish. Overall, fantastic food, and there were even a few mentions of best steaks ever eaten. After that we had coffee and cake, played a game, and went on a walk, generally just a really nice relaxing day.

Prior to that, on Saturday, Natasha and I went to see the Celebration of Light fireworks display in Vancouver. It was the usual mad rush there and back, fighting for a place on the skytrain with thousands of others, but it was a good show and we had a good time. I actually have a video clip of the grand finale which I will post as soon as I can get it converted into a format I can display here.

Monday was a holiday (BC Day) and we spent it by going to Granville Island, and having lunch on the beach in Vancouver. A tour around the SFU campus finished off our day. There's some really great views from up there, something I've heard about for a long time but have never seen.

And now we're back into the swing of things, going to and from work, and all of the usual stuff. I started the month off with a few posts but slipped the last while, and will try to keep up as much as I can. Thanks for continuing to visit!

Labels: ,


0 Smart Remarks:

Post a Comment

<< Home