Thursday, August 02, 2007

Damage Claim: City Of Surrey

As I reported on July 3rd, I had a little road accident involving some road construction and a rather dangerous drainage cover left out in the open.

Here are two photos:

Damaged tire and rim

The drain cover I hit

Needless to say, this was highly dangerous and inconvenient, not to mention the cost of the new (used) rim I purchased.

I've been procrastinating a bit, but finally took the time today to write the City of Surrey a letter along with the photos to make a claim for my expense. Below is the letter.

August 2, 2007

City of Surrey
14245 - 56th Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3X 3A2, Canada

Re: Damage to car due to construction

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing this letter to make a claim for damages to my vehicle due to road construction on Fraser Highway in the area of 176th Street. Along this route, paving and other road construction is taking place, and during the process, some drainage covers have been left well above the road surface. I hit one of these on July 1st, 2007, cutting a hole in my tire and putting a dent in the rim. Some of these drainage covers currently remain in this condition.

I took the tire and rim to Kal Tire who told me it had to be repaired, at a price which was a good part of the cost of a brand new one. I opted to purchase a used rim for a cost of $113.00. It is this cost for which I would like to be reimbursed.

Along with this letter, I am including three photographs; one of my damaged tire and rim, and two of the drainage cover. Also included is my receipt for the purchase of the used rim.

The response, if any, will be posted!

Labels: , ,

2 Smart Remarks:

Anonymous Stephanie said...

I'm interested to see what the outcome of this will be! Hopefully you will be refunded! :)

8:17 AM  
Anonymous e. said...

Hope the City of Surrey is more generous that the City of Edmonton ! Good Luck !

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home