Thursday, July 26, 2007

MacBook!

We have a new addition to the family! Introducing our new MacBook laptop!


This post brought to you on the Mac!

After working with Mac's for the last four months at my new job, I'm convinced that it's one of the top systems to use for both business and personal. I've been concerned over the direction Microsoft has been going with Windows and looking for alternatives. One of those alternatives is Linux, and open source operating system. And then there is the Mac OS, which has recently switched to a Linux back-end. It's like having my cake and eating it too!

What is really interesting is that in a way, I've actually come full circle. The first computer I ever used was an Apple IIc, belonging to my cousin, Dean. Coincidentally, I still have the old Apple IIc, and when I get a chance I'm going to get a side-by-side photo to show the change in technology over the last 15 years. Another interesting side-note is that you can see the Apple IIc in the museum in Victoria, BC, and I've also heard it's in the Smithsonian!

Along with the laptop, I also got a wireless router so I could connect to the internet from the comfort of my couch, kitchen, patio, bedroom, etc. I had some difficulty with it, however, and after much frustration, suddenly today it started to work, seemingly without me doing anything about it. Very odd, very disturbing, but it works and I'm happy regardless of the reason.

The posts will continue as usual now, and there's one or two lined up already. Set your bookmarks and check back every few days!

Labels: , ,


5 Smart Remarks:

Anonymous Mrs. Trooper said...

Wohoo, we're in the big leagues now!

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Brian said...

I love that laptop! It may not be Linux, but at least it's not Windows. ;)

8:23 PM  
Anonymous e. said...

CONGRATULATIONS on your NEW ADDITION !!!

Re The Apple 11c: cost us $1600.

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Trooper said...

That's impressive because that's how much the laptop cost (with a few extras like a wireless router), and 15 years ago that was even more money!

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Stephanie said...

I love your new addition...although a REAL "addition" would be even cuter! ;)

I would like to purchase a laptop someday...I will get suggestions from you before buying one! :)

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home