Sunday, July 15, 2007

Garage Sale

We went out to my parents' place on Friday night. There was some talk about a garage sale, but it was decided there wasn't enough time. Then on Friday evening, we went for a walk down the block and saw another house preparing their garage sale.

What a great opportunity, with someone else advertising a garage sale, why don't we just put out a few tables and cash in on all the traffic?


Andrew at the garage sale

And that's exactly what we did. We started digging through our stuff, cleaning up the junk, and labeling everything for the garage sale the next day. What you see in the above picture is later on in the day when we sold most of the stuff. My parents sold their kitchen table and chairs, coffee table and end table. And a whole bunch of other stuff I wouldn't have thought would sell went fast.

In the end I made only $11.50, but I was selling a lot of smaller stuff. Books, magazines, etc for 25 cents a piece. None of my "bigger" stuff like the fish tank sold. In total we sold over $200, split amongst various family members.

The day started off nice, but got really warm by the end. I didn't wear my hat for part of the day, and got a pretty red neck. Oops!

After that we has some BBQ pork chops and played a few games of Rook. Overall, a fun day with the family!

Labels: ,


7 Smart Remarks:

Anonymous Susanna said...

I like your garage sale cuz it looks nice and organized. :) Wish I coulda been there! Putting on garage sales is a lot of fun!

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Mom Hoyer said...

Hey Susanna!
I didn't tell you yet....
We put a few of your things
in the Garage Sale.
Your book shelf that you had
when you were at home sold.
Also a vase.
You made 24.00!

12:17 AM  
Anonymous Susanna said...

YAY! Free money! :D Thanks, Mom. :)

2:26 AM  
Anonymous e. said...

CONGRATS ON SELLING ALL THE STUFF YOU DIDN'T NEED OR WANT ANYMORE.

I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO BE THERE WITH YOU !!

GARAGE SALES CAN BE LOTS OF FUN !!!

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Stephanie said...

I love Garage sales too!

Sue, you could easily have one in your neighborhood, and probably do very good, if you had stuff you wanted to get rid of! :)

I always liked our big family garage sales when I was young! :) I always wanted to skip school and stay for the sale!

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Trooper said...

Skip school!? The amazing thing is we ran the garage sale on a Friday, and for about 10 hours!

Garage sales in our area are open Saturday, maybe Sunday, and only from about 9am - 2pm or 3pm at latest. Maybe people have less to sell, I don't know. Our garage sales were massive.

9:21 PM  
Anonymous e. said...

Our Garage Sale this year ran from 1-8pm on Wednesday, Thurs. and Fri 8am-8pm and Sat.8 til noon !!!!!

It was the Biggest Garage Sale we ever had. 5 Families and $1700 sales :)

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home