Thursday, May 24, 2007

FaceBook.com

Before you read this article, you will have been in one of these three categories:
  1. Never heard of FaceBook
  2. Doing your best to avoid FaceBook
  3. Caught up in the FaceBook wave
So, what is FaceBook?

It's the latest and greatest in online communities, where you can create your own profile, photo albums, groups, etc, and make connections with other users. This is mainly done through making people your "friend", allowing you and your friend to see each other's profile, plus see who your friends are, send messages, and a whole lot more.

As your network of friends grows, the more you can see happening, and the more time you can spend reading all the other things that are being posted (hence the group who are avoiding FaceBook).

I was one of those trying to avoid it, thinking it just another silly community site. Then I created an account and discovered that it's actually a lot better than the ones I've used before. It's super user-friendly, easy to do things, and allows more options than other sites. I can see why it's become so popular so fast. And worth a boatload of money too.

A success story: Just yesterday, I made contact with my best friend in Elementary school, who I haven't seen for probably fifteen years! All thanks to Facebook!

If you want to see what all the hype is about, click the link below. Then, look me up and add me to your friends list!

http://www.facebook.com

Reference

Wikipedia: FaceBook

Labels: , , ,


4 Smart Remarks:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE FACEBOOK!

6:22 AM  
Anonymous Tasha said...

I LOVE FACEBOOK!

1:17 PM  
Anonymous e. said...

I have NEVER heard of Facebook til now.

Maybe I will check it out sometime :)

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Stephanie said...

Facebook is ok...but I personally like Bebo better! :D

I might need to take more time and look into what facebook has to offer!

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home