Monday, April 23, 2007

E.I. Conclusion

February was the first time I've put in an Employment Insurance (EI) claim since I started working ten years ago. Until now it hasn't really been necessary, and usually I was able to get a job quickly for the few times I've lost a job.

But this time I went for it since I have more bills and more responsibility, and I didn't have a job lined up right away. As it turns out, I was out of work for six weeks. The EI office seemed a little slow sending me some of my information, and I forgot to submit one of my Record of Employment papers, so things got delayed.

My claim just got activated, I've filled out my information for those weeks, and now I will wait to see what happens. I haven't received anything yet, but I was out of work for perhaps two weeks where I was eligible for payment, so I think I should actually get something, however late it may be.

Well, it's nice to know that Canada has some good services that can be used when they're needed.

Labels: , , ,


0 Smart Remarks:

Post a Comment

<< Home