Friday, April 20, 2007

April Updates

My readership is probably dropping off because I'm only posting once or twice a week at most, but there's nothing I can do right now. Work is keeping me busy during the days, and there's been a lot going on outside of work as well.

However, I have a few minutes and am sitting down to type out a few paragraphs about what's been happening lately.

Work is going really well, and I've been there for a month now. I'm learning a lot of really neat things as it's in an area I've never worked in... more along the lines of creating internet applications as opposed to database and back-end programming. When I get a chance, I'm going to use some of what I've been learning to spruce up the blog, make it a little more interactive perhaps.

Natasha is also doing well, and enjoying her job although it's been slow lately. I know she wants to do quality and intelligent work, and when nothing happens, it can be boring. It'll likely change in the future, and in the meantime, she's getting paid a good wage for doing a reception / admin type of job.

Tonight we went to a charity auction by a church in Abbotsford that is supporting an orphanage in the Philippines. Had a good time, and came away with a couple of items including a framed print, tickets to a symphony, a star shaped hanging candle holder, and a dozen yellow rozes.

Yesterday I went to the local Chess club and played a couple of games. I also bought a used Chess book, one that was recommended by a really good player as one that would be good for sporadic reading as I usually do. I don't have the time for long periods of reading, so it's five or ten minutes here and there.

And on Wednesday we had my parents and a few friends over for dinner... pineapple meatballs and rice! So you can see, things have been busy, and the TO DO list simply grows.

The weather is shaping up nicely for the weekend and I'm really happy about that. I can't wait to get back to wearing all my summer shirts. In the morning, we're going to go out to some garage sales as it's a city wide event and there are a few hundred at least. Might find a few good bargains on books, games, whatever.

Have a good weekend!

Labels: , , ,


2 Smart Remarks:

Anonymous Stephanie said...

I'm glad to hear that Spring is arriving nicely in BC!

I look forward to visiting with you guys a lot while we're in BC next month!

I love city wide yard sales!

5:08 AM  
Anonymous e. said...

Thanks for the Update !!

I still love to read your Blog although I have not been commenting as much.

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home