Friday, April 06, 2007

2010 Olympic Countdown Clock

During our travels today, we went by the Vancouver Art Gallery, which is where the countdown clock is for the 2010 Winter Olympic Games.


2010 Olympics in 1043 days, 2 hours, 58 minutes, 47 seconds

This clock has been the source of much protest, and there is round the clock security to prevent vandalism. I believe it's already been spray painted at least once.

And the Olympic flag that flies nearby has been stolen. I don't know how, as there's a security guard. Seems like an easy thing to put it up in the morning, and take it down at night as proper flag care dictates.

In any case, the Olympics are coming, and Vancouver will have its two weeks of fame. I'm kind of thinking I might like to watch some live curling, speed skating, or something. Be more a part of it than watching a few bits and pieces of things on TV.

Labels: , ,


4 Smart Remarks:

Anonymous Susanna said...

That's a cool-looking timer. :)

Hopefully we'll be in BC during the 2010 Olympics, and then maybe we can go to a couple events. :D

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Stephanie said...

Yes, I'd love to attend at least one Olympic event! I think it would be pretty neat!

I love the timer! :D

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LET THE GAMES BEGIN !

6:08 PM  
Blogger Sheila said...

Sadly it's been vandalized twice - once AFTER they hired the security guard. I sure hope that the security company, not the City, is paying for the second clean-up, as well as that stolen flag. What a bad city we can be at times!

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home