Saturday, March 17, 2007

Whistler Ski Trip Report

Natasha and I went on a bus trip with friends of ours from church up to Whistler for a day of skiing. It was cloudy with a bit of rain, but once we got on the slopes, it wasn't that bad. Actually, later in the day it cleared up a bit and was somewhat warm.

This was the first time I'd been skiing in at least ten or more years. Natasha is a pro and has been wanting to take me since we've been married. Neither of us have been skiing on a mountain, so this was an all new experience.

Natasha also got to show off her ski skirt, which I thought was pretty cool. Never seen anything quite like it (see photos below). She actually got a number of other skiers compliment her on it, and a few simply gawked.


We explored both mountains, Whistler and Blackcomb, and because it was only for a day, we barely touched the expanse of the area. The ski hills are so large that without knowing where you're going, you could get lost, but as long as you keep going, you'll eventually end up down at the bottom.


Us on the slopes!

Overall, we had a lot of fun, and got a workout at the same time. We're a little sore now, and it'll likely be worse tomorrow. The ski season is coming to and end soon, but maybe we'll try out Whistler and some other mountains next year.

Note: This post was edited on April 14, 2011 to replace missing images and remove references to other images that were previously lost.

Labels: , ,


10 Smart Remarks:

Anonymous Tasha said...

What a fun day!!!! Hope we can do it again soon!

11:11 PM  
Anonymous Susanna said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I love both your outfits!

1:54 AM  
Anonymous Susanna said...

lol I just watched the video! I love it!

2:00 AM  
Anonymous e. said...

You guys make an awesome couple !!!

Natasha...where did you get the Ski Skirt ??? Looks Great !

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Tasha said...

I had my skirt made in NB to match my jacket... I designed it to my specifications as I had tried different styles skiing. It works perfectly! :).

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Stephanie said...

Nice skirt!

I'd like to go skiing again sometime!

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Mom H said...

You guys look great!
Glad to hear you had fun :-)
Whistler is a great place to ski and a nice little town to visit even if you don't ski :-D
There are real nice chalets to
stay in and cute little shops!

7:49 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Could you e-mail me on how to get a ski skirt made? What material and what to wear under it. It looked very nice.

Thank You,
chris.blueeyes@gmail.com

3:30 PM  
OpenID dougquinn said...

Love Whistler so much! I'm from California and I don't get the chance to get up there too much anymore, but everytime that I do I have a blast! Last time I got some Yaktrax at one of the little corner stores, and I still have them! Funny the things you remember from trips.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

I am dying to see the ski skirt mentioned in your blog from a few years back. I've been looking for one all over the internet. Now the pictures seem to have been removed. Is there any way to repost or email me? Thanks!

6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home