Monday, March 19, 2007

Job Hunt: Complete

The job hunt is finally over. Today I agreed to an offer and my first day will be on Monday. I'm really looking forward to the new position and I think it'll be a great place to work.

This job search was unique in that I made use of more alternate sites and not much of the big ones. Monster.ca was good for getting my resume out there, but produced nothing in the way of job opportunities, at least not for my particular skill set. The one I used the most: CraigsList.org !

Recruiters played a small part of my job search, but in the end produced very little results. Only one actually got me a real interview with a company, and it was a good lead too. It never went anywhere after that, but I appreciated the opportunity to interview with that company. Had it worked out, it would have also been a great job.

So now I have one week before going back to work. I'll try to use it to relax, but will try to get a few important jobs done, like taxes, and getting my RRSP's all in order.

Thanks to everyone who put their effort into passing my name around to those they know. I really appreciate your help during the last five weeks. And thanks to Natasha for being my fashion consultant for my interviews.

Labels: ,


5 Smart Remarks:

Anonymous Susanna said...

Congratulations on your new job!

10:59 PM  
Anonymous heather said...

Congratulations Andrew! Im happy you got a job. I hope it goes well for you.

7:55 AM  
Anonymous e. said...

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!

All the Best at your new place of employment !!

9:38 AM  
Blogger Sheila said...

Congrats Andrew. I can honestly say you're a great employee, so I'm sure you'll make the new company very happy!

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Stephanie said...

Congratulations & All the best!

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home