Sunday, March 11, 2007

Flooded Roads

The Lower Mainland has had solid and steady rain for two days now, and things are really getting soggy. Down in the Langley area, we ran across an area of road that was covered with water as the fields had filled up and were spilling over.

Video brought to you by the capable Natasha!


Click to start video

The waves were easily hitting the body of the car, and I was worried about stalling in a foot of water. We made it through, and reached another area that looked even deeper. There was a stalled car, some kind of sporty car, and everyone else trying to get around it. I took a detour and got to the highway by another exit.

The rain continues to fall. I wouldn't be surprised if 176th street is closed already, and for a while. The thing I wonder about is that it's supposed to be one of the major routes for Olympics 2010 traffic coming from the states. I worry about the fact that two days of rain can flood the road.

Labels: ,


2 Smart Remarks:

Anonymous Susanna said...

Wow, that flooding on the roads is crazy! Good job on the video footage. :)

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Mr. H said...

LOL...yah I was in Langley a few miles from you near the White Spot and water was shooting up from the man-holes in the road 3-4 feet high and there was already one foot of water around the businesses near by! I could not get through that way, so I turned around in about 8 inches of water and then took the long way on Hwy 10 east.

A bit scary I would say! :)

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home