Friday, February 02, 2007

First Man?

SavageChickens.com

So, the United States is less than two years from having a new President. Who will it be? Hillary Clinton? God forbid. Condoleezza Rice? Better (Although I don't think she's planning to run)! Rudy Giuliani? Now you're talking. I'm sure there are others heading in that direction but I don't know all of them. While it seems unlikely that another serious Republican will get voted in, Rudy is a good guy who leans in that direction but is more middle-of-the-road. He also played a huge part in the emergency response to the 9/11 attacks, and is well looked on for his role there.

As always, it should be interesting and I look forward to watching the ordeal from afar and putting in my two cents wherever I can.

Labels:


4 Smart Remarks:

Anonymous Stephanie said...

My opinion on the issue: A woman will most likely win the election for President just because it is a Woman's world!

Besides, so many people just LOVE Hilary...the reason...I haven't quite found that out yet! ;)

It will definately be an interesting run though!

5:16 AM  
Anonymous e. said...

DEFINITELY.....HILARY CLINTON....the women will swing the VOTE.

IF Oprah would run...I would say Oprah !!!

but then...I could be wrong !

7:12 AM  
Anonymous Mr.H said...

An interesting subject for sure!

Here is my opinion for what it is worth.

HILLARY CLINTON:
I am in the USA while writing this and I get the feeling that Americans may yet not be ready for a female President. Why? Because she is a woman. I am sure she could do as good a job as the current fellow...what's his name...

RUDY GIULIANI
I don't think he would be such a great choice either because of his views on some subjects that will only promote further liberalism and decline in the level of morality in the USA.

Sure, he did step up to the plate after 911, but most mayors of major cities would have. That does not make him presidential material...he only carries a household name.

Here are a few clips from off the wire.

"Washington pundits remain doubtful whether he could get the Republican nomination. Mr Giuliani's views on gay rights, abortion and gun control mimic those of the liberal north-eastern city he used to govern, but are anathema to social conservatives who dominate primaries."
Caroline Daniel FT.COM

Also, published Tuesday, January 16, 2007 in gay.com it says;
"Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani has hired prominent Iowa Republican Jim Nussle to advise him on his possible presidential run.
There are deep philosophical differences between the two Republicans.

Giuliani supports abortion rights and gay rights. Nussle took a strong anti-abortion stance in his campaign and wants a constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage."

And in his own words...
"I'm pro-choice. I'm pro-gay rights",Giuliani said.

Hmm...sounds like a man who wants to govern Sodom and Gomorrah.

Is America ready for him???

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Trooper said...

Definitely Rudy isn't on the same level as Bush (don't worry Mr H, no need to avoid that word around here!), but compared to a Democrat, he may be the best choice.

Perhaps someone to tide the USA through an uncertain time where the Republicans seem to have lost some popularity...

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home