Monday, February 12, 2007

Bad Days, Good Days

Some days are good, some days are bad. Right now I'm waiting for the good days to come again because today was one of the bad ones.

I got up this morning and took transit to work as Natasha and her Mom were going out for a day with the ladies (fancy tea houses and such). When I arrived at the building and saw my manager in her office at 7:45am, and more manager's cars parked than usual, little alarm bells were going off in my head, but I'm still a bit sick and didn't think anything of it. Turns out, the bells were right. The company lost some important investment funding and nearly the entire company had been laid off. I missed that on Friday as I was sick, but found out today.

So, once again it's time to think about where I'm going and what I'm doing. Like the song says "Should I stay or should I go now? If I go there will be trouble. And if I stay there will be double!". There are many options to consider, and you'll probably find out what happens if you keep reading the blog.

The day got worse though. Natasha arrived home in the evening with the same symptoms that I'd had last week, and she's tucked into bed snug as a bug, and I hope she gets over it sooner than I did.

And lastly, my computer's really acting up. I think for the first time since my Amiga 500, I've had a real virus problem and it's affected things I don't think I can fix. I'm going to have to back up my data, re-install Windows, and start from scratch. Not my idea of fun, but a whole lot better than having an unreliable computer.

Things can only get better!

Labels: , , ,


5 Smart Remarks:

Blogger Jenny said...

Believe you me, I know all about bad days ! :D

The good days will come around again !!!! they probably wont last long, but they will come again :)

haha
I'm enjoying good days at work these days, but I"m just waiting - its too good to be true something's gotta give !

i hope natasha gets better soon!

12:04 AM  
Blogger The Atavist said...

Sorry about the problems you're facing. Let me know when you want to move to Ontario, where you would like to look for a job, your qualifications, etc., and I can send out some feelers.

In the meantime, I hope Natasha feels better and you get some good news from somewhere!

10:49 AM  
Anonymous heather said...

We too are having bad days right now. Paul has been in Kansas City since early Sunday morning broke down. Liam has pneumonia.

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All things are for a reason. There must be a better place/job for you somewhere! All the best in your future searches!

I hope Natasha feels better soon! It's awful being sick! Tell her we're praying for her! :)

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Stephanie said...

My name never got on again...:(

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home