Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Years Eve: Ukulele Performance

Our church holds a special service each year on New Years Eve that runs from about 9pm until 1am. Typically it consists of hearing from various people (ministers from other countries, or local members, etc), and also hearing a lot of singing. Last year we sang with the choir for a couple of songs, and Natasha sang her debut solo. This year, we took a new approach:


Natasha and Andrew, and the Ukulele

Yep, my first Ukulele performance at the church! And my largest audience to date! We sang I'm Using My Bible For A Road Map, a good old song that's fun to play and sing, and that people enjoy listening to. I've played for perhaps 20 people or so in the past, but this topped the list at over 800 people. We did our best and got a lot of nice compliments.

Click the button to hear our song in mp3 format!

Labels: ,


9 Smart Remarks:

Anonymous Sandi H said...

We enjoyed your special ALOT!! Even Caleb & Ethan stayed up for it. You two make an outstanding couple and you sing beautifully together.

Keep it up.

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Stephanie said...

I look forward to watching your performance! By the time we got home from our Watch night service, we had missed your special! I'm sure there will be a lot of future requests for more Uke playing! ;)

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Susanna said...

I almost saw your performance while streaming online, but we were visiting relatives and the internet connection we were using went out literally seconds before you guys were going to start. :( But I'm looking forward to seeing it as soon as it's available online! You guys look very nice on the picture.

5:16 PM  
Anonymous e. said...

Your special was outstanding! ENCORE!!! ENCORE!!!! We enjoyed the service. We got home minutes before it started.

Happy New Year!

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Susanna said...

I just saw your performance! It's awesome! You guys did a great job.

6:25 AM  
Anonymous Mom H. said...

You guys did a great job!
I love the Ukulele :-D
Hope you sing again!

Happy New Year Everyone!

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool looking Uke. I've never seen one like that. I'm sure you did a great job playing and singing!

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Heather said...

I just got done watching the service. You and Natasha did a fantastic job! I can expect to see more specials with the Uke!

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Stephanie said...

I watched the Watchnight service a couple days ago...

Excellent Special! We enjoyed it alot! We look forward to a lot more Uke specials!

5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home