Sunday, July 03, 2005

Andrew's Getting Married

UPDATE - July 6, 2005

Thanks to everyone who posted comments with their support. Natasha and I both greatly appreciate all of you. Keep the blog in your favorites and check back often as there will be much more to come.



I have known Natasha now for about 6 years, if you count from the first time we met. We started talking on the internet a short while before that. During our very first visit, I took her around town for a couple of days, showed her the sights, took her to church, went to the mall, IMAX, etc. At the time we were still teenagers and both a little immature, and even though there were feelings at that time nothing came of it, and indeed if it would have, it's likely it wouldn't have worked.

Over the space of six years, we kept in touch with an email every six months or so, always going back to a long period of silence. A year ago another email was sent by one of us, but it didn't stop. Instead, we kept emailing back and forth, even making a few phone calls, and really came to realize how much we enjoyed each others' friendship.

Each time we'd email, I'd suggest she come visit me out on the west coast where I'd moved to. Her reply was always that she'd already been to see me and that it was my turn. Well, this time around I couldn't pass up the opportunity, and I took a trip out to the east coast.

There are too many details to put right here, but the short story is that we really hit it off during those few days. Another trip was scheduled a month later...

... and now we're engaged!

We've both come to realize that falling in love with your best friend is one of the best things that can happen to a person.

I'm working on a full trip report which will be posted in the next few days.

Labels:


13 Smart Remarks:

Anonymous justin said...

CONGRATULATIONS i thought that may hvae been happing pretty soon

10:31 AM  
Anonymous bec said...

Congrats Andrew!

5:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats mate!

- Sarah www.xanga.com/chocolateismybestfriend

5:49 AM  
Anonymous Melissa said...

A HUGE congrats to both of you!! :)

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...
Congrats to the both of you!

cheryl

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Sheila said...

Congrats to you both...Andrew, you've got a lot of updating to give us when you get back to work! :D Enjoy your time together before that, though!

- Sheila

11:44 AM  
Anonymous His Nosey Boss said...

You said you were sick! This engagement is based on lies. You cannot call in sick and then propose to a woman. You have to propose on your own time! I've appealed to the impartial judges: the wedding is off. You'll have to ask again, later, at a legitimate time. I feel bad; but it's a good test of your relationship.
Honesty, Andrew, Honesty is the answer! You can't get married behind my back...I'm always watching...

1:22 PM  
Blogger Trooper said...

I got engaged on Saturday. I called in sick today because after a week of little sleep and a very busy schedule, I am worn out. If I'd come into work, I'd probably fall asleep at my desk...

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Valerie said...

CONGRATS! :) Y'all look so sweet together. We will need a full update on the proposal story, wedding date... and all the other juicy tid bits of info!! :)

7:45 PM  
Anonymous His Nosey Boss said...

Okay, I take back what I said. 8^)
CONGRATULATIONS!

9:05 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Congratulations Andrew!! I'm so happy for you! Can't wait till the wedding!

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a Beautiful Couple !!

You Both look soooo happy !

Good Bless you Both !

E. and M.

10:32 PM  
Anonymous CR Team said...

AAAAAW, Congratulations Andrew - so happy to hear you have found "the one" ...we wish you all the happiness in the world.

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home